Riesling Réserve, Cave de Hunawihr 2022

£16.00

In stock

Riesling Réserve, Cave de Hunawihr 2022

Flowers and a touch of pear on the nose, flavour wise more of the same with a rounded, slightly grassy finish.

In stock

Categories:

Description

The Alsace cooperative, Cave de Hunawihr was founded in 1954 to help re-establish winemaking traditions in a region greatly affected by World War Two. The results have been overwhelmingly positive and Hunawihr now comprises 110 members. The cooperative has a newly renovated, modern winery and comprises 200 hectares of vineyards. 80% of these vines are in Hunawihr, with the remaining 20% in the neighbouring communes, Riquewihr and Zellenberg. They also have 13 hectares in Grand Cru holdings, including Rosacker, Froehn, Sporen, Schoenenbourg and Osterberg.

The Cave de Hunawihr winemaking philosophy is centred on showcasing varietal typicity through cool ferments in stainless steel and no oak influence. As a result, the final wines are fresh, dry and aromatic, with excellent balancing acidity.

Country: France

Region: Alsace

Grape: Riesling

Vintage: 2022

Abv: 13.5%

Food pairing: Asian dishes with a bit of spice, esepcially seafood or pork.

Additional information

Country

Region

Style

,

Character

,

Grapes

Size

Bottle or Case

Product Type

, ,

Related products

  • Leeuwenkuil Chenin Blanc

    £12.75

  • Caves Fonjoya ‘Big Buzz’ Grenache Blanc 2022, Languedoc, France

    £11.50

  • Val de Mata White 2022, Herdade de Rocim, Lisbon, Portugal

    £16.00

  • Bacchus 2021 Saddle Goose, Essex, England

    £24.00